Topic of galaxiids does not appear often in newspapers. There were only 90 articles, which mentioning galaxiids, published in New Zealand during last 2 years. Majority of publication that mention galaxiids are about conservation, or have other environmental topic. Find the collection of articles about galaxiids attached in pdf file.
Works the most cited by scientists:
1. Taxonomy and biology. McDowall, R. M. (1990). New Zealand freshwater fishes: a natural history and guide. It is a big guide on New Zealand freshwater fishes from the researcher who had dominated in galaxiid research for many years, it was cited 571 times. Another similar book and also a big node is McDowall, R. M. (2000). The Reed field guide to New Zealand freshwater fishes.
2. Trout-galaxiid interaction. Another cluster of papers presents the topic of galaxiid trout interaction. Classic papers in this area are from Townsend and Crowl (1991) called Fragmented population structure in a native New Zealand fish: an effect of introduced brown trout?. (193 citation) and from Crowl and colleagues (1992) called The impact of introduced brown and rainbow trout on native fish: the case of Australasia.
3. Genetics and biogeography. Paper by Waters and others called Genes meet geology: fish phylogeographic pattern reflects ancient, rather than modern, drainage connections (2001) deals with biogeography, and explains possible connection of galaxiids evolution to the geological processes of New Zealand; after this study there were many publications in this area, so it was cited 112 times.
Going in depth. Further reading
On New Zealand freshwater:
On trout-galaxiid interaction:
1. Atkinson, N. (2013, 24 April). Interview, Freshwater fish debate.
2. Closs, J. (2013, 24 April) Interview, Freshwater fish debate.
3. Closs, J. (2013, June). Interview, email questioner.
4. Craw, D. (2013, June). Interview, email questioner.
5. Dale, M. (2013, 12 June). Interview, video.
6. Dean, J. (2013, 04 July). Interview, video.
7. Joy, M. (2013, 24 April) Interview, Freshwater fish debate.
8. Joy, M. (2013, June) Interview, email questioner.
9. Pham, L. (2013, 24 April)Interview, Freshwater fish debate.
10. Ravenscroft, Pete. Interview, video. 29 July 2013
11. Waters, J. (2013, June) Interview, email questioner.
12. Watson, N. (2013, 16 June) Interview, video.
13. Webster, A. (2013, June) Interview, email questioner.